- You are not able to edit the design in Hatch. There is no object properties.
- Your files do not have any object outlines but only have stitches
- You are limited to how much you edit the design
Most likely you have open the design with individual stitches. A stitch file, when originally saved, will only save the individual stitch information, color stops, and a few commands as needed by the machine. The stitch file format is not capable to retain all the original objects that was used to digitize the design. For this reason if you have the file in the original .EMB format be sure to open this file for the most editing capability.
How to open the file with objects instead of stitches:
1) When you open the design, use File Menu > Open design
2) Then find your stitch file type (e.g. PES) in the drop down list or select "All machine files"
3) Click "Options" button
4) You will see the dialog box "Open Options" as shown below
5) Select "Convert stitches into object shapes"
6) Click OK
7) now click the "Open" button to open the design
You will now be able to edit the objects of the design. Note: designs that start as a stitch file will have some limitations for editing. For this reason, if you have the original .EMB file always open this file for the most editing capabilities.
NOTE: if you want to open the design as individual stitches to preserve any fancy fills, etc. then follow the steps above but select "Leave stitches as individual stitches".