How to connect directly to my embroidery machine?
If your embroidery machine can be seen as an external drive in Internet File Explorer you may be able to directly connect to the machine and send designs from software to machine.
Not all machines have this capability as most now have a USB to save the design file on.
If your machine requires a special data cable to transfer or special machine drivers, most likely you will not be able to connect directly. We do have commercial software that may be able to do this.
To try to direct connect with Hatch.
1. Connect your machine to the computer with the cable.
2. Check if you can see the machine in your Internet File Explorer as an external drive
If so.....then you may be able to connect directly with Hatch and proceed with step 3 below.
If not....then your machine is not capable to be connected directly.
3. From within Hatch software click on "Transfer" icon
4. This dialog will open: (1)
5. Select your machine if found, a machine of the same brand, or select "Others" (2)
6. Select the File type your machine requires you to export to. This is your "stitch file" (3)
7. Select the Location of your machine as shown in your Internet File Explorer (4)
8. Click OK
If your machine can be connected directly to Hatch it will now be connected and you can send designs directly to your machine.
What if I cannot connect directly to my machine?
You will determine how you normally send designs to your machine that you purchase elsewhere.
Mostly likely this will be a USB stick, in which you can save directly to the USB stick from Hatch.
it could be a reader box. If so, then you will follow directions to use this device.