When clicking the "Save" button to save a design file during digitizing or editing a design, a System Error or an "Exception Access Violation" error can occur resulting in the Hatch Embroidery software crashing.
We see this problem on some Windows 10 PC, especially after Windows update.
To avoid this error, please configure your Hatch Embroidery software to also have Windows 7 compatibility.
Follow the steps below:
1) on your Desktop, right-click on the Hatch Embroidery software shortcut
2) in the right-click menu, click on the "Properties" menu
Note: it opens the "Properties" dialog box.
3) in the Properties dialog box, click on "Compatibility" tab
4) in the Compatibility tab, set it to "Compatible with Windows 7"
5) Click on the "Apply" button to apply the settings
6) Click on the "OK" button to close the dialog box
Now you are ready to click the Hatch Embroidery software shortcut on the Desktop and launch the software. This error should no longer occur when saving the design.